What equipment do I need to join a session?
You will need the following to join a Telehealth (online therapy) session with your provider:
- A computer, tablet, or phone (no applications or software download needed)
- An external or integrated webcam
- An external or integrated microphone
- An internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 MBPS. We recommend an Ethernet cable over wifi when possible to ensure you receive the best possible connection through your internet provider but it’s not required. You can check your internet speed here: speedtest.net
- Shut down all background applications to ensure Telehealth receives the majority of your internet’s bandwidth, especially applications that use your camera
Do I need a specific internet browser?
It allows for the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
If you’re using an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc.), you’ll need version 11 or newer
How should I prepare for my online session?
Here are some helpful tips and reminders:
- We will need to take a picture or upload a copy of your drivers license
- We will need to take a picture or upload a copy of the front and back of your insurance card unless you’re paying privately
- Be in a space where you have good lighting. Having the lighting in front of you instead of behind you creates less shadow.
- Be in a space that’s private where you can ensure you’re confidentiality
- Be in a space that’s safe and don’t log into your session if you’re driving
- Have a pair of headphones to help drown out distractions or other sounds. This is not required, but it is helpful.